Sunday, January 12, 2014

Guest Post

Hello everyone! I, Anya, am taking over today's blog post. 

This Christmas, I made little faces out of felt and made them in ornaments! They are each representative of a decade - two are '20s inspired, named Nell and Josephine, and one is '60s inspired, named Suzanne. I got the idea from Pinterest, but, of course, I put my own spin on it.



To make them, I started out with a face-shaped, face-colored piece of felt. I then used a white marking pencil to sketch out hair - I greatly enjoyed the sweeping, curled hairdos of Nell and Josephine. I made itty-bitty braids and a headband on Suzanne. Next, I sketched out hats for Nell and Jo - the bright, juicy colors were lovely atop their jaunty little faces. I embroidered their eyes and heart-shaped mouth, and attached a little loop on top so they could hang on the tree. 

Ta da! As easy and adorable as pie. 

Catch you on the flip side!
Anya xx

No comments:

Post a Comment