Sunday, June 2, 2013

June Days

Hello Everyone!
Today we have some more recently made patterns.  All this nice weather is giving me the opportunity to wear all my summer clothing!

First up is a skirt I made last month.  I found this linen at JoAnn's and loved it so much I just had to get it.  The pattern is so cheerful, and with all the different colors, it seems to match everything. In case you can't see the pattern, it's a tiny little floral that reminds me a bit of a tea towel, making this an ideal tea party skirt! It was so easy to make, all you have to is cut a giant circle out of the fabric, hem at both edges, and add a zipper in the back.  For this photo, I paired it with the aforementioned pink tank top from Target, which is just as bright and eye-catching as the skirt, and a skinny leather belt from American Eagle, which is brown and balances out the vibrancy of the other pieces.  
skirt (DIY), tank top (Target), wedges (Born), belt (American Eagle)


I love this tank top.  It's PERFECT for this kind of weather, as it's a rayon fabric and is open in the back, so it has built-in air conditioning. I'm really into floral prints, as you can tell! This top has a more laid-back, casual vibe, especially with the classic Keds and a worn-in denim jacket. 


I like to pair it with my favorite high-waisted shorts so it doesn't show too much skin.  This tank is super comfy and one of my favorite things about it is the little pocket in the front, a wonderful hiding spot for keeping your pet mouse. 
Tank (McCall's M6751), shorts (American Eagle), shoes (Keds) 

No comments:

Post a Comment