Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Schoolgirl Skirt

When you think of plaid skirts, what do you imagine? Catholic schoolgirl uniform, Scottish kilt, Merida from Pixar's Brave? I was never a huge fan of plaid patterns, but I saw this specific plaid and loved it! It wasn't too big or overpowering, so I knew it would work for a cute little skirt. I also happened to have the perfect pattern to use with it :)

(look at my beautiful face)

This skirt was super simple to make, just a few pieces and a zipper! The waistband took a little longer to make, but it still wasn't too difficult. For this photo, I just styled it with a simple cream sweater, hunter green tights (although they look grey in this photo), and my black leather boots that I wear almost every single day (sorry, but I love them!!). Really, you can wear any neutral color with this skirt, since it's blue, red, and green. 
I think I will be wearing this to school a lot!
Sarah xo

No comments:

Post a Comment