Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Rad Hatters


 This season, I’ve been making hats out of polar fleece that are based on the adorable cloche hats of the 1920s. I made two – one for me, and one for Anya.



Peppy Miller from the movie The Artist rocks a cloche hat.

I tend to not wear hats very often, but I am really happy with this style because it’s extremely comfortable and warm in our especially snowy weather of late, and they’re not too tight so they don’t squash my hair.


I added flowers and buttons to the side as a decoration, which is very flapper-esque indeed.

The charcoal grey one is mine, and the white one is Anya’s.


I really like the contrasting green stitching on the leaves and flower of Anya’s hat.


These hats are a nice complement to the fox hat I made Anya for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment