Sunday, March 2, 2014

Oscars 2014

The Oscars have just barely started tonight, and it has already been an eventful evening. The Oscars is one of the biggest fashion events of the season, and it never ceases to disappoint. Here are a few of my favorite dresses of the evening



Per usual, Jennifer doesn't fall to dazzle with her classic Dior dress. It's usually a little unusual to see a red dress on the red carpet, but taking a risk is always a good thing. I absolutely love the peplums (I can't resist a good peplum!)



I had never heard of Sarah Paulson before this evening, but now I'll keep an eye out for her! As soon as I saw this dress I knew it was an Elie Saab, and it turns out I was right. In my opinion, you can never go wrong with an Elie Saab dress.



Emma Watson could wear a paper bag and still look adorable, but fortunately, she wore a beautiful Vera Wang dress instead. I love the modest high neck, and the clean and simple lines of the dress. Red lipstick is the perfect final touch!



Naomi Watts looks gorgeous in this classic Calvin Klein gown. I ADORE the capsleeves (of course), and think the statement necklace looks perfect against the clean, white backdrop.



and my favorite dress of the night HAS to go to Lupita Nyong'o.  Relatively new to the awards scene, Lupita has never not looked perfect on the red carpet. This might be my favorite so far, a custom Prada dress that she helped design. Is there anything this woman can't do?!

The awards season is almost over, but this has been a great one for fashion!
Sarah xo

No comments:

Post a Comment