Wednesday, April 30, 2014

MOOD





Last week, while in NYC, I finally got to visit Mood Fabrics. Do you all know about this store?

Has anyone else ever been there before? It’s absolutely amazing! It’s three stories filled with

every single kind of fabric (including some absolutely gorgeous designer fabrics), trim, button

or accessory you would ever want or need. They have over 31 different kinds of fabrics, for

example, and 14 different types of buttons. As you can see, one entire wall is just buttons – floor

to ceiling! I have never seen so much fabric in one place. It was so hard to make a decision about

what I wanted because there were so many choices! I felt like I just walked around the store

endlessly touching just about every bolt of fabric in the store, thinking about what I could use it

for. I was so tempted to just buy a couple yards of random fabrics, just because I loved so many

of them. In the end, though, I restrained myself and found a really pretty, black and white plaid,

wool blend jersey. I’ve had a pattern for a cape/jacket for a while now and the fabric I chose

was just the right weight…I think it will be perfect! It’s the project next on my list – as soon as

I finish the lavender sundress I am currently working on. That should be done this week and,

hopefully, will be next weekend’s blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment