Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Darling Dolls

Sorry I've been a little behind in posting lately! Lots of homework in the past couple weeks took up all my time. Well, not quite ALL of my time since I did manage to make these three dolls. I have a new baby cousin who's now just three weeks old. We went to meet her and, since she has two older sisters, we decided to make a doll for each of them.


 Aren't they cute? They're our version of the Black Apple doll by Emily Martin.



 I love how each one is just a little different. I do need to give Anya some credit here - she is the one who painted the faces and made the little animals since we thought it would be fun for each doll to have a special friend. We just found out that the little girls love their dolls and sleep with them every night (yay!) but they fight over the little bunny. Oops! We'll be visiting them again in another couple weeks so my next project might just be making another little bunny and maybe a few more little animal friends. I have another little cousin (another girl!) who is due in June who also has a big sister. I just might have to make another couple dolls for them, too.

See you next week!
Sarah xo

(black apple doll photo credit: http://theblackapple.typepad.com/inside_a_black_apple/dolls/)

No comments:

Post a Comment