Sunday, December 22, 2013

Christmas Key Chain

Christmas is less than a week away and some of you might be in need of some easy gifts to give. One idea that I made for everyone in my family was a key ring. All you need is...

  • fabric scrap of your choice
  • interfacing
  • circle stencil
  • twill tape (a thin strip of fabric would also work)
  • key ring
  • fabric scissors and pinking shears
First, you need to find a circular object (a mason jar, a glass, etc.) and trace it onto a piece of paper for your stencil.
Second, cut out two circles using your scrap of fabric and one circle out of the interfacing. I wanted to add an applique onto my keychain, so after this step I sewed my applique onto the front piece of fabric using my machine (you could also hand sew it on).

Next, iron the interfacing onto the front piece of fabric. Sew the two pieces of fabric together, leaving an inch wide hole at the bottom. Cut edges of the circle using the pinking shears to prevent fraying.
Make a loop using the two-inch twill tape and key ring and pin it inside the one inch hole in the circle. Sew the hole closed, clip all the threads, and you're done! All that's left is to attach some of your key and then you're done!
Sarah xo

No comments:

Post a Comment