Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Perfect Gift for Any Fashionable Reader

So, anyone who knows me can tell you I am a HUGE John Green fan (or a Nerdfighter, a commonly used term for those who read his books). My sister Anya is too( although not as obsessive), so for her last birthday I decided to make her a shirt with one of our favorite lines from my favorite book of his, The Fault in our Stars. 
 "My thoughts are stars I can't fathom                 into constellations" - John Green 
All I had to do was type up the quote into a word doc (citing the author, no plagiarism here!) and print it out onto a special fabric that can be transferred onto muslin using an iron. After you've transferred the type onto the muslin, sew it onto the shirt and you're all done! I just used a navy sweater that I bought at Old Navy. To make it a little more special, I used white embroidery thread and seed beads to sew constellations on the shoulders.
I thought the shirt turned out really well, and now, Anya can attract nerdfighters whenever she wears this in public! 
Putting a quote on a shirt or tote bag is the perfect gift to give any reader this Christmas!
Sarah
Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment