Tuesday, December 31, 2013

In One Year, Out The Other

2013 saw some very lovely dresses, many worn by some of my usual favorite fashion icons. Here are some of this year's fashion highlights!

But seriously, one word: brocade. 

I staunchly believe that no best-dressed list is complete without Miss Lily Collins. Most any pairing of Peter Pan collars and black tights makes me very happy, especially combined with dark lipstick (and Lily Collins). I also love the trend of rich gold fabrics, but only when it's not overwhelming; I think this is the perfect amount of a such a luxurious material. 



 emmys 2013 red carpet
Oxblood was a very popular color this year, for good reason. 

Though it has a simple silhouette, the color of this dress is what makes it stand out, especially when combined with Kaley Cuoco's understated hair and make-up. This color is one of my personal favorites; I own a number of items in this color, and generally pair it with a nice neutral, such as charcoal gray. 


 The Met Gala 2013 Red Carpet Fashion Photos
Jennifer Lawrence is actually iconic. 

Oh, Jennifer Lawrence. Not only did she get the cutest pixie cut in Christendom, but she rocked this classic 50s-silhouette dress along with red lipstick the way red lipstick was made to be worn. 


 Emmy Awards 2013 - red carpet dresses :: Alison Williams looks beautiful in royal blue
There should be more cobalt in the world. 

I love the understated elegance of this gown. In the Age of Sequins, this is a nice change of pace. Its simplicity is perfectly complemented by the favorite hairstyle of 2013 - long, loose waves, here perfected on Alison William's long chestnut locks.  


 Look of the Day: April 2, 2013 - Emmy Rossum : InStyle.com  
Well Emmy Rossum is just adorable, so...

This dress reminds me of an Ice Queen, a la Queen Elsa in Frozen. I like how this dress is shiny and metallic, just enough to be elegant and eye-catching but not overwhelming.

And with that, I bid you all a fashionable '14!

Sari xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment